Resources for Students

  • Booking Space On Campus


    To book a classroom, please use the online booking form through the Examinations, Scheduling & Bookings office. Pleas review the booking rules prior to submitting a booking request.

    Due to the high volume of requests please submit your request at least two business days in advance or five during busier periods (i.e. the beginning of term).
    Larger On Campus Venues

    For larger events, clubs can book non-classroom spaces including: Wilf’s, the Turret, Theatre Auditorium, Maureen Forrester Recital Hall, Paul Martin Centre or Senate and Board Chambers. These books must be through Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator, at

    Paul Martin Centre or Senate and Board Chambers are for one-time special events only and can’t be used for regular bookings throughout the year. The Office of the President reserves the right to bump your booking if required. There is no charge to book either room; however, fees may be incurred for other expenses related to the booking, such as Media & Technology, Food Services and Physical Resources set-up or tear-down.

    Due to staffing and other expenses, charges will apply for the Turret, Wilf’s and the Theatre Auditorium.
    Concourse Bookings

    All bookings for the concourse are handled directly through The OneCard office.
    Athletic Bookings

    Clubs interested in booking space in the Athletic Complex, the Stadium, or Alumni Field should check the Facility Schedules page on the Athletics and Recreation website. Depending on the activity and facility required, charges may be incurred for usage.

  • Back To Top
  • Media & Technology

    When planning an event on campus requiring media and/or technology, campus clubs can work with the Students’ Union or Media Technology Services.

    Projector Cart

    If your club is having an event in a room that is not equipped with a projector, you may be eligible to reserve the Students’ Union’s projector cart. Reservations will depend on accessibility of your location, whether the cart is available, and whether a staff member is available to meet you as the cart is in locked storage.

    Media Technology Resources

    There are two Media Technology Offices depending on your event’s building location. The Main Office, Bricker Academic Building 303, provides service for Bricker Academic, Science Building, Athletic Complex, and 202 Regina. The Peters Building office, room P1305, provides service for Peters Building, Arts Wing, Aird Building, Northdale Campus, Schlegel Building, Seminary and St. Michael Campus.

    Depending on your media and tech needs, a cost may be associated with the reservation. Requests for services must be signed by Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator. If there is a cost associated with request, please specify whether the charge will come from budget money or club generated funds.

  • Back To Top
  • Physical Resources

    If your event requires tables, chairs, set-up or tear-down, a work order will need to be placed through Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator. Work orders should be submitted 5 business days in advance of the event. Requests will not be processed fewer than 2 business days prior to the event.

    Charges will apply for any physical resources work orders. The charges vary based on the labor required and when the request takes place. For example, work orders taking place outside regular workday hours are considered overtime. When placing a request for work order, please specify whether this charge will be from budget money or club generated funds.

  • Back To Top
  • U-Desk

    The U-Desk is a great on-campus resource to help you find information about the Students’ Union and campus partners’ programming. We can provide you with information about the Health & Dental plan, Homecoming tickets and multimedia resources through our Techshare program.

    You can find us on the 2nd floor of the FNCC in Waterloo and the 1st floor of the Student Centre in Brantford.

  • Back To Top
  • Catering, Bbq and Food Sales


    Any on-campus event run by a club must use either Students’ Union or Food Services catering. Outside food cannot be brought in on campus as per campus food policies. If your club will be requiring catering outside the FNCC, consult with Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator, on which provider should be used. When budgeting for your event, it is recommended to budget more than expected for food as it can add up quite easily.

    Clubs wanting to hold a BBQ on campus follow the Laurier Food Services BBQ Policy. To obtain the most up-to-date copy of the policy, contact Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator,

    In addition to the policy, clubs must ensure a space is booked for the BBQ. This is important to ensure the BBQ does not conflict with any other events occurring at the same time. BBQ’s must be keep a minimum of 3′ from any building/opening and 10′ from any mechanical air intake, and they cannot obstruct fire exits.
    Sales of Food

    With the exception of BBQ’s adhering to the WLU Food Services BBQ policy, clubs cannot sell any food required to be kept hot or cold. For example, the sale of pizza slices is not permitted. Baked goods that can be kept at a room temperature is an example of an acceptable item for sale. It is encouraged to have a list of ingredients or common allergens for goods on sale.

  • Back To Top
  • Off Campus Events

    To host an event off campus, the primary event organizer must submit an off campus event form twenty-one (21) days prior to the event and prior to any promotion of the event. This includes any event run by your club held off campus, no matter how small or large. As all Clubs and Associations are insured through the Students’ Union, it is important to know where students are attending club events. The Students’ Union is responsible for anything that may happen to a Laurier student attending an event hosted by one of its clubs. The safety and security of Laurier students is of utmost importance to us.

    The Off Campus Events Form allows the Students’ Union to understand the following:

    1. Location/Venue – where the event is taken place; whether the venue has insurance; whether there are any existing/prior issues with the venue or location
    2. Transportation – how students are getting to/from the event
    3. Description/Activities – what activities are taking place; level of physical activity/risk associated with event

    Events with Alcohol

    Off campus events with alcohol must be limited to only Laurier students and their guests. Therefore, the entire venue or separated section/room must be reserved specifically for the event. If this cannot be accommodated, the event must be held elsewhere or must be a dry event. Additionally, an event based around the consumption of alcohol is not acceptable.

    Examples of Acceptable Off Campus Events with Alcohol

    1. Formal held at hall or reserved venue with tickets sold only to Laurier students and their guests;
    2. Social held at a venue reserved entirely for club event, e.g. Maxwells, and not open to non-Laurier students and guests.

    Examples of Unacceptable Off Campus Events with Alcohol

    1. Brick Tours or Pub Crawls
    2. Social at a venue open to non-Laurier students and guests

    If your club would like to host an event off campus with alcohol, speak with the owner/manager of the venue to find out about reserving the entire venue, or a separated area that does not allow other patrons to enter. Also considering hosting your event on campus at Wilf’s, Turret or the Grad Pub.

    Transportation for Off Campus Events

    If your off campus event requires transportation, there are two main options:

    1. Participants are responsible for own transportation: this is a good option for in-town events as it saves on cost and reduces liability
    2. Chartered bus: this is the best option for transporting a group to an event outside the city or public transit limits

    We strongly discourage the use of any personal vehicles or renting vehicles as this places responsibility on the student driving the vehicle. If chartering a bus is not a feasible option (e.g. under 10 students participating), please consult with Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator, about options, which may include waivers for drivers and passengers.

    For assistance booking a chartered bus, please contact Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator, at

  • Back To Top
  • Contracts

    Any club planning an event requiring a contract must have it reviewed and signed by a full-time staff. Please contact Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator, at for more details.

    If a deposit is required with the contract, please allow for enough time to get a cheque cut using regular banking (i.e. submitting a reimbursement/expense requisition). Be sure to indicate the cheque is to be submitted with the contract.

  • Back To Top
  • International Travel

    If your club participates in any international travel, you must consult with Pat Miller, Clubs and Associations Administrator, 90 days prior to the departure date. Waivers and Participant Information forms will be required. The Primary Trip Organizer will be responsible for providing all necessary information, including a participant list, and distributing and collecting all required forms.

  • Back To Top